One Coast--a group made up of city and county employees from Harrison County--will travel to Florida to deliver supplies to survivors and first responders in Florida. The first caravan of supplies leaves Oct 19 at 6pm, but there will be more. Drop off items at any Fire Department in Harrison County, including departments outside city limits, as well as in Biloxi, D'Iberville, Gulfport, Long Beach and Pass Christian.
Specific items that are being requested include:
- Gift cards (Walmart, Visa, Home Depot, Lowes)
- Tire repair kits, Fix-a-Flat
- Bottled Water, Gatorade, Pedialyte, flavor packs for waters
- Lighter and matches
- Batteries and flashlights
- Phone and car chargers for iPhone and Android
- Power strips
- Hair clippers
- Baby wipes/diapers/toiletries
- Bug spray
- Cleaning supplies
- First aid supplies, including Advil, Aleve, Tylenol
Clothing items are not being accepted at any location at this time.